Hospice at Home provides care and support to patients with a high level of need for the last days of life to enable them to stay in their usual place of residence. The service is provided by a combination of senior healthcare assistants and registered nurses. Our shifts vary in length between 7.5-10 hours and can cover a 24 hour period. Care is planned daily on a needs-led basis.
- Prognosis: less than 2 weeks
- Care needs not fully met by other agencies.
- Patients and carers understand and agree to the service.
- Adequate seating and comfort facilities available for use by Hospice staff.
- Other care providers informed about Hospice at Home input.
- Appropriate equipment in place/on order.
Referrer confirms or requests the following updated documents:
- Lone working hazards identified and risk assessment completed, as indicated.
- Care plan, SSKIN bundle, Mobility assessment should all be completed on EMIS
- DNACPR FORM /Respect form
- Just in Case medication, prescription chart and syringe pump equipment (if required)
NB Existing package of care must remain in place as care from Hospice at Home is a short term service.