Our Day Services are currently closed for the medium term due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We are however, running virtual groups to support patients and families during this time.
We are accepting referrals to the virtual Social Support Group from a patient already known to the hospice who wants an opportunity to:
- learn relaxation skills and participate in gentle exercise
- participate in informal discussion of issues such as appetite, planning for the future, understanding medicines, making the most of energy, promoting healthy sleep and managing fatigue
- connect with others who may share or understand some of the issues they face
We are accepting referrals to the virtual Carers Group from a relative/carer of a patient already known to the hospice who want the opportunity to:
- Share experiences of being a carer and the challenges this can bring
- Build relationships within a group to help to combat isolation
- Take time out to focus on their self-care
- Participate in different activities to enhance their general sense of wellbeing
We are accepting sign posting to the virtual Drop In for anyone with a life-limiting illness, as well as carers, family members and friends. They do not need to be under the care of the hospice or know someone who is.
Referrals are accepted through our Clinical Advice Line on 0117 915 9430.