Patients can be referred to St Peter's if:
- They have a life-limiting disease with associated problems that may be physical, psychological, social or spiritual in their origins
- They live within and/or are registered with a GP within the area covered by the service
- Their GP and patient/advocate agree to referral
Meeting patient need:
- Our Community Nurse Specialist and IPU services can provide care for those with complexity or intensity of need that cannot be met by other services
- Our Hospice at Home service provides hands-on nursing care to those in the last 4 weeks of life
- We have a range of services that promote enablement, wellbeing and peer support such as the Wellbeing programme, the Fatigue and Breathlessness (FAB) course and Day Hospice.
Our hospice care and support does not always need to be continuous. If the person is experiencing a period of stability we will discuss with them 'open access'- this means we will be in the background and wait to be contacted if our support and care is required once more.
Our Access team welcome conversations from you about referring to our services on our 24 hour clinical advice line: 0117 915 9430.