Hassle-free Christmas tree recycling this January
You donate, we collect! We are collecting real Christmas trees in Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset on Friday 5 and Saturday 6 January 2024, in return for a donation to the Hospice.
How it works
- Check if your postcode is covered
- Book your collection, and make a donation - we suggest £15-20 per tree
- Leave your tree outside your home by midnight on Thursday 4 January and our team of volunteers will collect it
Collection postcodes: BS4, BS5, BS7, BS9, BS10, BS15, BS16, BS20, BS21, BS30 with a limited collection in BS41 and BS48. If your postcode is not in this list then I'm afraid we can't collect it.
Bookings close at 12pm on Tuesday 2 January.
What areas does the Christmas tree collection cover?
We are collecting Christmas trees from the following areas:
- BS4 - Brislington, Knowle, Knowle West, St Anne's, part of Totterdown
- BS5 - Easton, St George, Redfield, Whitehall, Eastville, Speedwell, Greenbank, Barton Hill
- BS7 - Bishopston, Horfield, part of Filton, Lockleaze, Ashley Down
- BS9 - Coombe Dingle, Sneyd Park, Stoke Bishop, Westbury-on-Trym, Henleaze
- BS10 - Brentry, Henbury, Southmead, Westbury on Trym
- BS15 - Hanham, Kingswood
- BS16 - Downend, Emersons Green, Fishponds, Frenchay, Pucklechurch, Staple Hill
- BS20 - Pill, Portishead
- BS21 - Clevedon
- BS30 - Bitton, Longwell Green, Cadbury Heath, Oldland Common, Warmley, Wick
- BS41 9 inward codes - Long Ashton
- BS48 1,2,3 and 4 inward codes - Nailsea and Backwell
Why is my postcode not on the list?
We rely on volunteer support to collect the trees, therefore we are only able to offer the collection in a limited amount of postcode areas. Each year we hope to expand on the areas we collect in, so watch this space!
How many Christmas trees can I leave out?
You can request for up to 5 Christmas trees to be collected per household. We suggest a donation of £15-20 per tree.
How big can my Christmas tree be?
If you have a Christmas tree over 6 feet tall, please let us know when you make your donation.
Do I need to be at home on collection day?
No, you don't need to be at home. Just leave your Christmas tree outside your house no later than midnight on Thursday 4 January. Please make sure it is visible for our collectors. We can't be specific with which day your tree will be collected on.
What happens to the Christmas trees after collection?
You can be assured your Christmas tree will be fully recycled, as once collected it will be shredded by our teams of arborists at one of the following:
- The Hospice Garden, a haven of peace and calm for patients and their families
- Local allotments
- By Gristwood & Toms at Blaise Plant Nursey to fuel their biomass boilers
- Or at Noah's Ark Zoo farm who will use the chips for the animal sanctuaries
How does having my Christmas tree collected help the Hospice?
The donation you make to have your Christmas tree collected goes towards supporting our patients and their families across the Bristol area at the most difficult of times.
- £20 could help fund a nurse's time on our 24 hour Advice Line ensuring patients and their loved ones can access the help they need when they need it
- £45 could help a family to access much-needed bereavement support from our Emotional and Psychological Support team
- £75 could pay for the visit of a Community Nurse Specialist to deliver end of life care to patients and their families
My tree hasn’t been collected, what do I do?
If your tree has not been collected by 5pm on Saturday 6 January please get in touch with us by 5pm on Monday 8 January, by emailing: email@example.com to arrange recollection.
If your tree is not collected by Thursday 11 January, then unfortunately we are unable to collect it and a refund will be offered.
Can I help volunteer with the collection?
Yes! We are actively looking for volunteers to help us on 5 and 6 January. If you have a van or you're good at navigating, willing to help lift some Christmas trees, and have a big smile we would love to hear from you.
If you're interested in helping, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A big thank you to our delivery partners, Arthur David. Find out why they're helping with the Christmas Tree Collection here.
Bookings close at 12pm on Tuesday 2 January.
Bristol, South Gloucestershire & North SomersetDate
05-06 Jan 2024
Event Delivery Partner
This year, the Christmas Tree Collection is kindly supported by our Delivery Partner, Arthur David.