Assistant Level course
Our Assistant Level course is open to HCAs, Nursing Auxiliaries and Senior Carers. With health care assistants and senior carers increasingly at the forefront of delivering end of life care, this three-day course provides an opportunity to develop invaluable knowledge, understanding and skills for work in end of life care.
The carer will be able to recall the core principles of end of life care that enhance the care given during this time, and use tools and frameworks to support this care.
They will be able to identify when a person is coming towards end of life and be able to assess and respond appropriately and responsibly (within their role) to changes in symptoms and nursing care needs.
They will develop communication skills around caring for people experiencing loss and strong emotion, and they will feel confident selecting strategies to respond to these situations.
- Best practice in end of life care
- Identifying tools that can enhance end of life care
- Advance Care Planning
- Multidisciplinary team working
- Core principles of end of life care
- Understanding symptoms, maintaining comfort and wellbeing
- Identifying the dying process
- Understanding common symptoms experienced at end of life
- Recognise own role and responsibilities within the team
- Assessing nursing care needs
- Effective communication with the individual and their family
- Dealing with issues related to loss
- Responding to strong emotions
Dates to be announced
£250 per person